I started on my homework
but my pen ran out of ink.
My hamster ate my homework.
My computer’s on the blink.
I accidentally dropped it
in the soup my mom was cooking.
My brother flushed it down the toilet
when I wasn’t looking.
My mother ran my homework
through the washer and the dryer.
An airplane crashed into our house.
My homework caught on fire.
Tornadoes blew my notes away.
Volcanoes struck our town.
My notes were taken hostage
by an evil killer clown.
Some aliens abducted me.
I had a shark attack.
A pirate swiped my homework
and refused to give it back.
I worked on these excuses
so darned long my teacher said,
“I think you’ll find it’s easier
to do the work instead.”
Copyright © 2007. All Rights Reserved.
Would you like to use this poem in your classroom? Would you like permission to reprint, record, recite or broadcast this poem, or set it to music? Please click on one of the following links for permissions and reprint rights information:
We always wanted to get far away from every single hard labor in our life. But sometimes, the majority of the people couldn’t. Especially, when it comes to your school life, it’s really hard to find excuses for not doing homework. Some crafty teachers always find out whether a child is making fake excuses or not. Though, one should keep in mind not to make same homework excuses poem every time because co-incidence happens only once. However, in this blog, you’ll be able to find out some extraordinary and best excuses for not doing homework. Here are certain believable excuses for not doing homework.
1. Forgot my Homework: This is one of the best homework excuses that every student tried once in his/her lifetime. To safeguard yourself from the outrage of your teacher, then just mug up these few lines:” I did my Homework, but forgot it at home only”. Well, this justification always does favor for many pupils out there.
2. My Dog ate my Homework: However, if you want to make this excuse tends to be real, then a beloved pet should be there at your home. It is unique among all of the good reasons for not doing homework that one might be able to think upon it. Though, this excuse works sometimes only as there are only limited chances of getting it successful.
3. Hell Busy with Extra-Curricular activities: Time to think out of the box to make your justification real as it is one of the best excuses for not doing homework. If you got engaged in some sports or volunteering activities, then this excuse is a quite believable one. Among all the best excuses, this Justification has always does wonders for many students.
4. Not Well: Does Strict teachers always caught your false excuses and make you feel embarrassed in front of the whole class? Then, it’s time to tape up your teacher’s mouth by giving a valid justification to them. It is solitary among all of the best homework excuses for strict teachers that has been trending a lot. As, no one on this planet could ever expect you to work in this condition.
5. Fake Homework Excuse: This is not an excuse of not doing a specific homework, but it is important to make this topic understand. Some students always make this mistake of making fake justification to their teachers like I was busy with some household work; I have been out whole evening etc. Implementing these nerdy stuffs will always get you in a lot of trouble.
6.Huge Family Fight: Here comes one of the top excuses for not doing homework i.e. quarrel between my adored parents. But one has to be careful while giving this justification. As, Domestic Violence is not an issue to hide unless it’s ready to save you from your teacher.
7. Sudden Death of a Family Member: Being Popular among the list of excuses, this justification always works fine. If you give excuse of your Grandmother’s death, then the teacher is not going to tell you something unless it’s true. In this situation, Guilt always becomes a reason for a teacher not to scold you for homework.
8. Out of Station: Among the list of excuses for forgetting homework, this is a quite eminent one. If you don’t want to see the worst side of your teacher, then it is a worthy excuse for you out there. As, no one could even wonder of carrying out their tasks outside the town.
9. Could not understand the Homework: This excuse is holding top-notch position among all excuses for not having homework. Though with this, most of the teachers could easily give you an extended deadline. But this excuse works better for mathematics’ problems rather than any other subject.
10. Speak the Truth: If these above mentioned excuses don’t work, and then it’s time to take out your trump card i.e. Tell the truth. Perhaps, some students might find it as a suicide dive but trust us; your teacher may appreciate you for speaking the actuality rather than making any false excuses.
So, these are some of the best excuses for not doing homework. Perhaps, these excuses and explanations are useful to the most of the students among crowds. But, however, make sure not to misuse these excuses, as there are further chances of you getting unlikely in the eyes of your teacher. In order to make your career brighter and successful, then it is necessary to perform your tasks effectively without giving any false excuses.