There are many fields in criminology course that might be interesting to research. Have a look at the following list of dissertation topic ideas to take a final decision.
Research the issue of empowering prisoners to vote in your dissertation. Investigate how the problem was treated historically. What is the attitude towards prisoners’ rights nowadays? What are the ethical and legal aspects of the situation? Look for the details arguing for and against the issue.
Investigate different cases of domestic abuses and find out which of the personality types are more predisposed to become victims of domestic violence. Conduct a qualitative research in your criminology dissertation; back on the evidence provided by the therapists in this field.
Find out why these types of offences have become so frequent lately. What are the reasons (both hidden and evident) for such violations by juveniles? When do they occur most often and, considering the data, what should be done to prevent these crimes? What is a criminal responsibility for such an offence?
Conduct a research on the conditions of a child’s life that may lead to the development of maniacal disposition. Pay close attention to the family relations, role of peers, and surrounding environment.
Pick any city or town and research the criminal situation within. What can be done to make the policing service more effective?
What psychological disorders occur as the result of partner violence? Compare the situations in the US (or UK) and any African country.
In your dissertation, investigate the dependence of suicidal inclinations upon the Internet. Create an explanatory model that successfully interprets this issue.
Review the corresponding literature and investigate this criminology issue. What are the reasons? Are there any solutions?
How can policemen detect and solve the crimes conducted through the Internet?
In your criminology dissertation, compare how policemen fight with social disorders in Europe, the USA, and UK. What ways are the most effective and why? Make your suggestions.
Coming Up With Interesting Dissertation Topics On Criminology
Dissertations are an integral part of college level and master degree level final year based project. The topic chosen can be of your choice. It should be from the subject that you have been studying for the last few years. Suppose you are student of English Literature, you need to submit a final year’s project based on a topic from literature. It can be “fatal tragedies of Shakespeare” or about the ever immortal poems of John Keats. The choice of topic must be quite interesting and it should instil a sense of query amongst your readers at the very first glance.
Criminology is a great choice of topic. The people who are doing there degree with criminology has great chances both in the field and outside the field of criminology. The overall theme of the subject is quite interesting and you might come up with great new ideas which are quite good for your dissertation topics.
How to come up with a good topic
Well choice of topic is the most interesting and tough part of a dissertation. The students should be quite conscious about their choices and the basis on which they are picking up a topic.
- You need to spend long hours in library and go through books about criminology to get a good topic. Picking a topic is not as easy as picking an apple from the tree, thought taste of both are sweet once tasted after the hard work. So choices matter.
- The topic chosen should be instigating and a lead to a good sense of inquisitiveness amongst the readers. You need to search online topics; draw inference from them and you might come with a genuine one.
- Read the books that have been provided by the college as part of your academic curriculum, you might get good topic from there too.
- Have an idea and then discuss it with your mentor to come up with a good topic.
Some dissertation topics on criminology
- The increasing underworld culture in the suburban of U.K and U.S.A.
- The increase in the number of attacks on the Indians throughout the world.
- Race discrimination and killing black people in South Africa, Unite Kingdom and Untied states of America.
- How parental supervision leads to delinquency amongst the youth ultimately forcing them to be anti-social.
- Childhood trauma might lead to increment in the tendency of criminal activities.
- Discus about the history of gun control in countries like U.K. and U.S.A.
- Right to arms should be mandatory human rights. Do you agree?