Cover Letter Samples > Transportation Cover Letter Samples > Cargo Handler Cover Letter Sample
Cargo Handler Cover Letter Sample
A cargo handler cover letter sample is provided here to show how a job applicant can apply for work handling baggage and boxes and other air transported materials. Cargo handler cover letters should reflect job seekers' credentials, knowledge, and experience in this field.
WARNING: Don't apply for another job without adding your own customized interview-getting "secret sentence" to the top of your cover letter...
Free Career Quiz Creates Your
"Secret Sentence" That Lands Job Interviews Like Crazy...
... 99.9% of all job seekers don't have a clue about this... not a clue! You're about to receive an unusual, eye-grabbing, fully "customized for you" secret sentence you can quickly add to the TOP of your cover letter... and it's free!
Are you a man or a woman?
1030 Rogers Road
Any Town, USA 33333
May 13, 20--
Mr. Henry Harrison
200 Airport Blvd.
Any Town, USA 99999
Dear Mr. Harrison:
On CareerJimmy.com this week I saw your ad seeking cargo handlers. Today as I write cover letters for new employment in this arena, I am contacting you with information about my qualifications for this work. My enclosed resume provides details about my previous experience as a cargo handler at XYZ Airlines.
I am fit, able, and willing to work in all kinds of weather, licensed to drive the cargo vehicles, and I have a high school education.
I'm available to meet for an interview if you wish to learn more about me and how my skills can fit the job you wish to fill. Please call me on my cell phone: 888-888-8888 to arrange a time that works for you if you'd like to get together.
Thank you for reading my cover letter and resume. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Ramp Agent Cover Letter
Ramp Agents work on airports and are responsible for loading, unloading, and servicing commercial airlines. These employees usually work for contractors and airline vendors. Essential job duties include guiding planes into gates, loading and unloading baggage and cargo, operating baggage loader belts, operating aircraft deicing trucks, and helping the airplane pilot to push back from the terminal. Ramp Agents work in all weather conditions and their contribution makes it possible for airplanes to fly on time.
A successful cover letter example for Ramp Agent should mention skills and qualifications such as:
- Knowledge of airport operations
- Physical fitness
- Stamina and the ability to work in all weather conditions
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Strong observational skills
- Time management
- Previous experience in baggage handling
Below is provided a cover letter sample highlighting comparable Ramp Agent abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Ramp Agent Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Williams:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Ramp Agent position available with Westward Airlines. As an organized and physically fit professional with solid experience performing a range of tasks to facilitate timely plane departures and arrivals, I possess the necessary skills to enable me to contribute toward the success of your airline.
My background includes successfully loading and unloading luggage, guiding plans to and from gates, and ensuring top-level safety and security around parked aircraft to consistently meet, or exceed, airline service levels and customer expectations. With my comprehensive knowledge of airport security regulations and aircraft-related machinery/equipment usage, my additional ability to effectively interact with a wide array of cultures and personalities positions me to become an immediate asset to your company in this capacity.
Some highlights of my qualifications include:
- Providing excellent aircraft support for the past five years with Horizon Airlines, including directing planes to and from their assigned gates, efficiently and securely loading/unloading cargo and baggage, and preparing and updating required flight paperwork while complying with all safety and federal regulations.
- Facilitating the usage and maintenance of ramp vehicles and equipment, coordinating with fellow team members to maintain first-rate quality assurance standards.
- Ensuring full readiness of aircraft prior to departure; replenishing potable water supply, performing lavatory service, washing windows, de-icing aircraft, and providing auxiliary power.
- Communicating effectively with network of service agents, crew members, and airport staff.
- Demonstrating superior prioritization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
My proven ability to optimize aircraft preparedness and movement will contribute immensely to the success of Westward Airlines in this role, and I am confident that my additional skills and qualifications will readily translate to your company.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Donald N. Greenley