British summertime has officially ended and winter has arrived! Even here in France, where I am currently working as a language assistant, winter is in the air. Here are my five reasons why winter is my favourite time of the year!
1. As soon as that gentle chill in the air turns into biting cold you know winter has officially arrived! However, the cold weather is a perfect excuse to switch to a winter wardrobe. Personally, I love wrapping up in thick scarves, woolly hats and knitted socks. Plus, a large number of patterned, 'ugly' jumpers appear in the shops ... there is nothing better than a big, cosy jumper!
2. One of the worst things about winter is how it gets cold and dark really early. However, this is the best time to stay indoors where it is warm and cosy. You can relax with a great book or entertaining film, knowing that the frosty weather is safely on the opposite side of the window!
3. Winter food is the best kind of food! Staying inside on a chilly evening calls for hot chocolate and cream, warm apple juice or copious mugs of tea. Mince pies and other seasonal treats appear in the supermarkets, just begging to be served warm with cream. Winter vegetables can be roasted or turned into steaming bowls of healthy soup and winter fruits can be baked into yummy pies. Plus, if the cold weather is forcing you to spend the day indoors, there is plenty of time to bake a fruit cake, assemble a gingerbread house or experiment with the abundance of seasonal recipes that pop up across the internet.
4. It can be not very nice how early in the evenings it becomes dark. However, it is perfect for viewing fireworks. November 5th is Bonfire Night in the UK, meaning all across the country you will see vibrant lights decorating the sky. Also, Christmas lights get switched on in town centres, often with a switching-on ceremony. This is when everyone gathers in the street, often with music, games and food vendors, to witness the lights being turned on, sometimes by a celebrity. The country becomes illuminated with colourful lights, cheering up the dark, winter nights.
5. This is perhaps a pretty obvious one but once winter has arrived you know that Christmas is on its way, bringing with it a collection of delicious food, vibrant decorations, heart-warming films and television specials, festive events and activities, jolly music and time spent with love ones.
Are you a writer with lots of experience or just an amateur with a love of writing? We’re announcing our huge writing contest with big prizes. It so easy to take part. All you need to do is combine your creativity with your writing skills. Write a brilliant essay and send it to our team.
The AssignmentMastersWinterEssay Contest will start on the 1st of January. We’ll be accepting submissions up to and including 20th of February.
Read the submission requirements carefully and join in the fun of our essay contest!
Why don’t we start with the best part? There are three monetary prizes for the best entries in the contest:
1st prize – $1000
2nd prize – $500
3rd prize – $250
Important: Prizes will be paid by Paypal. This is the only option, so you need to make sure you have a Paypal account to enter. If you are under 18 or do not have an account, you can nominate a relative or friend’s account.
Another important thing: We reserve the right to use the non-winning essays.
Who Can Enter?
This is an essay writing contest and is open for anybody to participate
The contest is not limited by nationality, age, race, or gender.
We do not charge an entrance fee!
How to Enter the Contest
There are two simple steps to follow:
- Write a great essay based on the instructions you’ll find below.
- Send it to email@example.com. Use “Winter Essay Contest” as the subject of your message. As for the body of the message, follow the instructions below.
What to Include in the Message Body
When you send your entry, please specify the following details in the body of your message:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Short bio to tell us something interesting about yourself: hobbies, studying, etc.
- The topic you have chosen for your essay
And of course, you need to attach your brilliant essay.
We will confirm receipt on your entry.
Guidelines for Your Essay
Applicants should meet the following requirements
- Only essays written in English will be entered into the contest
- Plagiarism-free entries only!
- No grammar or spelling issues
- Length: 550-800 words
- Well-defined thesis statement and strong arguments supported by facts
- Essay must be on one of the topics we suggest
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to accept your entry if you fail to follow one or more of these requirements.
Choose one of the following topics and write a narrative essay on it:
- A Day Without Lies
- The Best Holidays ever
- If I became a Superhero
- The most valuable resource for people is time
- Unique historical places in my homeland
How Will We Pick a Winner?
Our essay writing service has expert writers on its team. These authors have extensive experience in academic writing, so they can definitely recognize a great essay when they see one. A panel of the best essay writers will analyze all entries in details, in accordance with the following criteria:
- Did the applicant follow all requirements listed above?
- Did they cover the topic in detail without including any irrelevant information?
- Did they connect unique ideas in a coherent essay structure?
- Is this a unique essay based on personal experience?
We will not share your personal information with anybody including the judges to ensure complete impartiality. You can be sure that the judges will be completely unbiased.
- Your message should not contain any information beyond the requirements listed above.
- We reserve the right to withhold any information regarding the results of the contest.
The results of the Winter Essay Contest will be posted on our blog on February 25, 2018. We’ll also inform the winners via email.
Your chance is now! Take part in our WinterEssay Contest and win a great prize!